Im finally sitting down with a little bit of free time, while the kids are asleep and before I go to bed, to update our blog. Its been quite awhile since I have posted and so so so much has gone on in-between. I am going to try to remember most and sum it up so that Im not writing a flipping book! These past few weeks have been some of the most stressful times in my life, but I think I will continue on with this in another post.
Aside from the stress, school is going great, the girls are doing great except for the yearly fall/winter cold that they have both caught:( Nothing worse than sick babies! Kaylynn is learning so much at school, it actually amazes me some of the things she has learned. I am such a proud momma:) Lydia is growing like crazy, rolling over and is sitting up on her own more and more. She loves to hear her own voice and she is into grabbing anything and everything in sight/reach, faces are her fav! No teeth yet, but she's trying super hard. We also started giving her some rice cereal, which she HATES, and little bits of applesauce and banana. She isnt too sure about those either. The 2 things that kid likes is; pickels- mom gave her one and she sucked that thing dry and didnt make a face at all, she absolutly loved them, and apples; uncle Josh let her bite/suck on one side of his apple and she loved it! So much for baby food! The girls both had their well-child check ups on the 5th. Kaylynn finally hit the 30lb mark, and is 41inches tall! She had a huge growth spurt in the last 6 months. Lydia is not far behind her coming in at 15lbs 10z and 23 3/4inches. They both are advanced in all areas and healthy as can be, well minus the cold. Lydi had shots again:( So sad, but this time she cried for about a minute and was ok after that. Kaylynn had the flu mist, not shots, YAY! So all the girls are vaccinated and good to go this flu season…I hope!
Halloween was a few weeks ago. Always such a fun time, especially when you have kids old enough for trick-or-treating:) Kaylynn decided she wanted to be batgirl this year, and oh did she make a cute batgirl! Little miss Lydi was a peapod and just like her sister, she was the cutest little peapod ever! We trick-or-treated lots of houses and Kaylynn loved getting all the candy. She didnt want to stop until her basket was full, even though it was super cold. Oh well, we had fun, and mommy got her chocolate fix so Im ok with a little cold weather hahaha.
Tim and I have been staying busy with work and school and the girls, but we did manage to have one night of parenting off. We went to a football game at the college Tim use to attended. The game itself was pretty sad, we lost by quite a bit, but it was nice to get out of town and be around people are age for a change. We are hoping to be able to do things like that atleast once a month, nothing big, but just a night out to help remind us that we are still young even though we are parents haha.
I think that about sums everything up, I know we have been so busy but those are really the main things I can think about right now, just mainly alot of little things and going here and there. Now onto the pictures, my favorite part:) Here are some pictures from over the past couple weeks.
Kaylynn and her pumpkin
4 months old!
Sisters
11-5-10 The girls at their well-child check up( yes big sister is already picking on lil sister by poking her in the head!)
Poor little legs all poked up!
Her first bites of cereal
and this is what she thought of it! 11-9-10
Kaylynn thought she might like it more coming from her…NOPE!
Lydia’s most favorite time of day-bathtime!
10-16-10 Lydia(4months) and her best friend Camber(6months).
No comments:
Post a Comment